Suicide of man, 63, asphyxiated with plastic bag

A 63-year-old Colnbrook man took his own life by asphyxia, an inquest heard yesterday.

John Reed, of Park Street, died on May 20. He was found by his neighbour in his garage.

He had a plastic bag wrapped tightly with brown masking tape over his head and two hoses from two gas cylinders going into the bag.

A toxicology report revealed carbon monoxide poisoning did not cause his death, and the post mortem found the cause of death to be asphyxia due to suffocation by the plastic bag.

Mr Reed’s family told Berkshire coroner, Peter Bedford, that the gas cylinders had contained helium and said that his laptop showed he had researched taking his own life.
Two short notes, personal to individuals, left by Mr Reed, an IT specialist, both said ‘I just cannot go on’.

Mr Bedford pointed to ‘issues with his health’ that Mr Reed had and recorded a verdict that he took his own life.

Slough Express

Posted by | View Post | View Group
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rate this Article
Rating: 0.0/5 (0 votes cast)
Thanks for rating this! Now tell the world how you feel - .
How does this post make you feel?
  • Excited
  • Fascinated
  • Amused
  • Bored
  • Sad
  • Angry