Become a Puppy Minder for Thames Valley Police
Thames Valley Police asking for volunteer puppy minders to look after their German Shepherds and Spaniels for the first 12- 14 months of their life.
Thames Valley Police and Hampshire Constabulary are looking for local residents who may be interested in becoming puppy minders.
Puppy minding, say the Police, is an essential element in the development of future Police Dogs.
You get to make a real contribution to the future of Policing in the Thames Valley & Hampshire Constabulary!
The ideal candidate for this rewarding position is someone who is based mostly at home and can commit to letting one of our future police dogs share their home.
All costs for vets and food will be provided, as will mileage.
- Do you live in one of these areas: Oxon, Berks, Bucks or Hants?
- Is your home a dog friendly environment? (Eligibility subject to home visit);
- Do you have your own transport?
- Is there a responsible adult at home for most of the day? (Puppies cannot be left alone for more than four hours);
- Are you available to transport the puppy to monthly training events in Sulhamstead, Berks?
- Have you experience caring for dogs from puppy to adulthood?
- Do you have no other young dogs in your home?
- Are you up for a rewarding challenge?
If you can answer “yes” to these questions and would like to attend an open day event to discuss more please contact PuppyDevelopment@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk.