1086 – Colnbrook is mentioned in William the Conqueror’s Domesday Book
1106 – The first mention of an Inn or Hospice in Colnbrook on the London road, believed to be The Ostrich.
1274 – A mill in Colnbrook is named in 1274.
1340 – Thomas Purchaceour, or Purchase, obtained a licence to build a chapel at Colnbrook. Consecrated in 1342, this was the free chapel of St. Mary Colnbrook, pulled down some years prior to 1773
1400 – The conspirators against Henry IV met at Colnbrook.
1500 – The current Ostrich and The George Inn, were built. The latter is said to have derived its name from a statue of St. George carved in wood which a clothier removed from the porch of the parish church of Dursley, Gloucestershire, and dropped from his wagon at Colnbrook on his way to London
1516 – Henry VIII is said to have stayed in The ‘Catherine Wheel,’ according to a letter to Cromwell in 1536.
1537 – Colnbrook is named in connection with Queen Jane’s funeral
1543 – Colnbrook was incorporated as a borough “to ensure the highway and three bridges”.
1558 – Princess Elizabeth stayed a night at The George Inn on her removal from Woodstock to Hampton Court as a prisoner.
1577 – Colnbrook had no fewer than ten coaching inns
1624 – The Ostrich belonged to Maud wife of Thomas Langley, and was valued at £4 yearly. Another inn, the ‘Talbot,’ was valued at £3 yearly.
1635 – an additional charter of incorporation was granted with twelve chief burgesses, including the bailiff, were to form the common council, appoint a councilhouse and hold a court for the government of the town.
1642 – After the Battle of Edgehill the petition of the Lords and Commons for proposals of peace was presented to the king at Colnbrook.
1642 – Following the Battle of Brentford and withdrawal of the king’s troops to Oxford, Prince Rupert plundered the town and imprisoned ‘all the well-affected to King and Parliament.’
1667 – houses were rebuilt on the Horton side of the town,
1682 – The Ostrich is referred to as Eastridge or Ostridge
1664 – The town was decimated by plague
1697 – two water-mills and the Tanhouse were sold or leased to John Midgley and Thomas Gilbert.
1699 – the highway from the bridge, near the Angel Inn to the west end of the ‘Ostrich,’ was paved by public subscription.
1727 – The Colnbrook Turnpike Trust was established to manage the main roads around Slough
1727 – The Bath Road was turnpiked through Colnbrook and a toll house was erected opposite Poyle Road
1773 – A new chapel dedicated to St. Mary was built on a site in Horton Parish by Thomas Fennel of Colnbrook and consecrated in 1794.
1825 – Original variety of Cox’s Orange Pippin was raised from seeds of a Ribston Pippin at Colnbrook Lawn by Richard Cox, a retired brewer from Bermondsey
1832 – The municipal borough of Colnbrook was dissolved under the Reform Act of 1832, as it contained less than 2,000 inhabitants. It had never returned members to Parliament.
1845 – Richard Cox died.
1847 – Building of the parish church of St. Thomas began on an acre of land purchased from Mr. Sullivan in 1847.
1852, 7th July – St. Thomas’ Church consecrated
1853 – Colnbrook was made into an ecclesiastical parish and separated from Horton
1862 – The old flour-mill at the end of Mill Street belonged to Mr. Mark Westaway (since burnt down).
1873 – The parish boundary was altered to include parts of Iver parish
1884 – Colnbrook railway station opened
1911 – the original Cox’s Orange Pippin is thought to have blown down in a gale
1929 – The Colnbrook Bypass was fully opened to traffic in 1929 – see this article on the old Peggy Bedford pub
1965 – Colnbrook railway station closed following the Beeching review
1967 – After winning the Can-Am series Bruce McLaren went back to his factory at Colnbrook, near London Airport, and set about designing a car that was even quicker
1988 – Grundon’s begins incinerating waste in Colnbrook
1992, 21st October 29 – apple trees were planted by schoolchildren on Apple Day, in a quarter acre parcel of land south of Albany Park.
1994, 1st December – Colnbrook is transferred to Berkshire and the new ward of Colnbrook and Poyle was created
1998 – Colnbrook By-Pass 50 mph speed restriction put in place