Minutes of CCA October 2010
Hello to all,
Herewith extracts from the minutes of the above meeting.
- Use of hall – see item 6 below
- Neighbourhood Watch – On behalf of Baber Khan, Charles explained that the scheme is going ahead but volunteers from Westfield are required to ensure its success.
- Fly-tipping/garages – Esther Deacon and Sirad Is-Haq explained that the survey of garages has been completed. There were some 30 garages without roofs and some 10 without doors. Enforcement notices will now be served on the individual owners of one block in Torridge Road. (This will be discussed during the Westfield meeting on 13th November)
- Play Area – a sponsor for the legal costs to establish land ownership details is being sought.
- Heavy Traffic Restrictions – PC Martin Hegg reported that a recent operation resulted in 17 penalty tickets being issued in the three hour session and 60 vehicles turned back. This exercise will be carried out on a regular basis.
- Sutton Lane/Bath Road junction. SBC will be putting double yellow lines in the slip road at this junction. This should lead to a reduction in the foul rubbish left behind by the HGV drivers.
3. Community Payback
Julia from Thames Valley Probation out lined the scheme and left some booklets for distribution. We, the CCA, will look to identify viable projects.
4. SIFE Application – Goodman
Andy McIlwaine (CCA) explained the project in some detail. In addition Mike Nye (Parish Council) and James Walsh (Slough Councillor) added to the discussions. Further information on this will be available shortly. We will advise where you can find it within the next few days.
5. Village Hall
Mike Rayner (Chair of Trustees) gave a very interesting potted history of the Hall from its inception to its 20th birthday (today!). Mike went on to outline his plans for the comming weeks. They include full meetings of the trustees. In his view this will ideally result in new local trustees to re invigorate the hall management. He will advise dates of meetings in due course
6. Youth Group
Elise Buschati, Youth Services, thanks the CCA, the CCP and James Walsh for their part in securing regular bookings at both halls within the ward. There is a wish list regarding equipment for Westfield Hall (details from CCA) and also for a display area for the young peoples art work. Mike Rayner will explore possibilities at Colnbrook Hall and the Parish Council may have some options.
Due to time constraints there was no time, or indeed inclination, after a very long and purposeful meeting.
To be advised
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Minutes of CCA October 2010,