Residents get new powers to force action on anti-social behaviour

Good news if you live near one of Colnbrook’s parks plagued by late night anti social behaviour: new powers will now enable you to force agencies together to take a “joined up, problem-solving approach” to find a solution. 


The Community Trigger is intended to enable victims of persistent anti-social behaviour to request a review of their case.   It is not intended to be used for making a specific complaint about the handling of a case but brings agencies together to take a joined up, problem-solving approach to find a solution.

The Government launched the first trials of Community Trigger in June 2012 and the approach is part of wider Government policy for dealing with anti-social behaviour.

The process for requesting a Community Trigger is slightly different in each area. For Colnbrook residents it can be requested after six months if no action has been taken by Thames Valley, Slough Borough Council or a social landlord following by:

  • an individual following complaints at least three times about separate incidents; or
  • a combination of people in the local community following five related complaints.

A Trigger can also be requested on behalf of a victim, for example a family member, friend, carer or professional person, with the victim’s consent.

Chief Superintendent Gilbert Houalla, Head of Neighbourhood Policing and Partnerships said:

“We understand that persistent anti-social behaviour can leave victims feeling frustrated or even vulnerable, particularly when faced with having to deal with it over a long period of time. Anti-social behaviour can also prove to be a stubborn problem to resolve, especially when many different organisations could be involved in one case.”

You can initiate a Community Trigger in the following ways:

  • Fill in the Community Trigger online form
  • Write a letter to Community Trigger, Neighbourhood Services, Slough Borough Council, Landmark Place, High Street, Slough, SL1 1JL
  • Telephone 01753 875298

You will need to provide details of each time you’ve complained, who you’ve complained to (name, organisation and/or Incident Reference Number) and information about the anti-social behaviour.

The Trigger does not replace individual organisations complaints procedures or your opportunity to complain to the Ombudsman or Independent Police Complaints Commission, which you can use if you are unhappy about the service you have been provided by an individual officer or service.

Posted by | View Post | View Group
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rate this Article
Rating: 0.0/5 (0 votes cast)
Thanks for rating this! Now tell the world how you feel - .
How does this post make you feel?
  • Excited
  • Fascinated
  • Amused
  • Bored
  • Sad
  • Angry